Mission: To encourage and enable healthy lifestyles throughout the Beach Cities outdoor recreational areas, as well as to promote their public access and respect to the local neighborhoods.
CORE’s primary objectives are:
- Promote awareness and access for physical health and wellness.
- Educate the public about current issues and recreational opportunities.
- Provide information for each individual to personally engage themselves in the process
While CORE’s initial efforts were focused on the re-opening of the Sand Dune at Sand Dune Park, CORE will continue to promote access and awareness throughout the Beach Cities public recreational areas. With obesity, diabetes, and heart disease at epidemic levels in our community, CORE will continue to encourage public recreational access to combat these alarming trends.
CORE’s summary of actions to reopen the Sand Dune:
- Attended all relevant city meetings since August 2009
- Met with each City Council member
- Contacted other city officials and commissioners
- Solicited endorsements for CORE
- Designed and submitted reasonable solutions for most advantageous compromise
- Maintenance of public awareness through www.sandunepark.com website and accompanying social media (e.g., Facebook and Twitter)
- Promotion of relevant City and Public events
- Multiple campaigns direct at petition signers
- Direct mail and door flyers to the 10,000+ households of Manhattan Beach
- Blogging and social media. Please feel free to join us by signing the petition or contact us with your own comments or ideas. As we are a personally funded community group, please consider even the smallest of donation by visiting the donation button on the home page.